Saturday, November 13, 2021

The Movement

     I was so excited to create a video regarding the 5 master editing techniques. Cris and I decided to be partners, with his editing skills and my great directing we make an ideal partnership. Even though he tends to take a long time editing the videos :(. We had awesome ideas on how to portray the skits but we did have problems on the simultaneity and leit motiff editing technique. We didn't know what and how to film it, so we just left those two things for last. We did come up with the ideas pretty fast except for the last two  techniques.


    What I especially like about this video is that it's the first time I applied the different complex camera angles/edit into a video. In the contrast video, I told Chris to zoom in into my eyes (extreme close up of the right eye) and then it will transition to a grey video, creating the allusion of what I'm thinking in my head. Out of the 5 different editing techniques the contrast was my favorite. But the most fun and hardest editing technique was the left motiff. It took us the whole class period to film all the different scenes.

    

    

     We used the whole entire school to create our films, the gym, weight room, lobby, and hallways. All the videos consisted of close up, zoom, medium shots and etc. The symbolism editing technique took the longest to create. Since there was a shot of both Chris and I, we had to ask a teacher who was sitting in the middle school lobby to hold the camera for us. The film was an absolute success, all the characteristics of the edited video created meaning to the editing techniques.

 So far the 5 master editing techniques has been the hardest film project of the year so far. New camera angles were introduced in this film.

https://youtu.be/OiPKLniudVE






No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR#4

  How did you integrate technologies- software, hardware and online- in this project?    I've used so many softwares in this project and...