Thursday, February 17, 2022

Layout/Preliminary Sketches

 Experimenting Front Cover Layout:


             I'm experimenting with what could be the possible layout of my front cover fitness magazine. I started with the Masthead being titled "THE PUMP", it was personally my favorite title and also was the most popular in the magazine survey I created earlier. I might color it a bright red in the future. I used bubble letters because I think it's one of the most creative ways on how to draws it, instead of just writing it in bigger letters, because it does look better in creativity.


        Below the Masthead I have a male, lifting up an olympic barbell with weights on it. If I decide to change the pose in the future it would still be a pose involving the person holding some sort of weights. I'm not a good drawer but I tried my best to include some muscular features on the sketch, obviously having a fit person on my front cover. Also, in my survey I gave multiple options on what the person should be doing, between lifting weights, stretching etc, and lifting weights was the most popular choice. I'm not solely depending on my survey but it does work as a guide. I made it for the weights to be holding it above the head so that in the future when we take the actual pictures, the person's facial features won't be covered by the weights.



      I decided that I also wanted to sketch the location (gym), which in my case it would be seen in the background of the magazine. Some of the equipment seen are dumbbells, benchpress and a treadmill. These are all types of equipment that are going to be used in the content of my magazine. I want to make it clear in my blog, the environment.


       On the final layout I'm going to have quotes and content all over the front cover regarding fitness, as these are major features of a fitness magazine. The content is going to be in large letters, so that the reader can see it from far away. I included a dumbbell rack next to the person so that you can still have a felling of the background through just the sketch. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR#4

  How did you integrate technologies- software, hardware and online- in this project?    I've used so many softwares in this project and...