Sunday, March 13, 2022

Focus Group - Feedback

Focus Group:


    The people consisting in my Focus Group is my Brother, Mom, Dad, and Aunt. All of them are fully aware of the Cambridge project I've been working on for weeks. They all have background knowledge on what I'm working on and have personally seen my blogs before. So I thought they would be the perfect group to get feedback from. I went up to them in an evening and showed them my preliminary front cover magazine layout and the content in my double page spread. 


Dad: As he was looking at my front cover he said he really liked the color of the Masthead. He said it looks just like the color of blood, which gives it an edgy feeling. I totally agree with him and will most likely keep the color. I did ask him what I should change and he said that he would change the location of the background because it's very dimmed, so something more bright. I know where he's coming from and I will take it into consideration, but I like the color. My dad had nothing much to say about the double page content, he said that those are really good exercises to include.


Mom: Before technology advanced I will always see my mom reading magazines as a little kid. So I know  she will definitely have some valuable feedback. I showed my mom and she said she loves the pose my friend is doing. She says it conveys a masculine tone and that it is perfect for my magazine. She said the opposite about my dad when it comes to the background, she liked the color and the bikes in the background. Maybe gender played a role in this? The colors are feminine and my dad didn't like it but my mom did. For the content page my mom liked it and she told me to make sure to write a lot of exercises because the more the better. I'm definitely going to add some more.


Brother: My brother said that I picked the correct friend to have on my front cover magazine because he likes going to the gym a lot and he's fit. He likes all the colors I chose. For my content he said that he likes the idea that I put in tips that will help the reader not make mistakes. He said he likes it and wouldn't change anything and that I'm doing a good job.


Aunt: My aunt likes the color of the magazine, the tone it gives out. She likes the quotes I included and said it 100% correlates with fitness. I asked her what I should improve and she said that the letters in the front cover should be made bigger. I've thought of this before and I agree with her, I just have to find a design and a way how to make it like how other magazines have it. For my content she said my wording is perfect and that I couldn't of have explained it better. The reader can clearly understand it.


   The feedback was very helpful. I took into consideration and will make further improvements in my designs.


No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR#4

  How did you integrate technologies- software, hardware and online- in this project?    I've used so many softwares in this project and...