Wednesday, February 23, 2022

Lighting

 Lighting:

      Lighting is the most important component of any picture. Without light you won't even be able to see the image. The two main types of lighting are natural and artificial lighting. My magazine is going to consist mainly of natural lighting. The location of my my magazine is going to be the gym and in my gym there is a lot of windows, which sunlight comes through and ignites the place. And I'm taking the shots in the daytime in order to take full advantage of this lighting because I believe that natural lighting is the best type of lighting. Of course my magazine is not just going to contain natural lighting but also some artificial lighting. 

Here's an example of one of the artificial lighting shots that I took for my magazine:


I like the color of the whole room, it's a blueish purple color. It also sets out a mood or tone for the reader to grasp.

Will Excessive Sunlight Damage My Car?


   The location of a photoshoot determines the lighting. If the images are taken in a room without windows, natural lighting won't even be an option. The most common use of lighting for fitness magazines are is natural lighting, they mostly use lighting equipment hat prevail different types of artificial lighting. But in contrast, my magazine is going to use mainly natural lighting. However some fitness magazine do use natural lighting but the location is almost never at the gym it's mostly outdoor at like beaches and parks. Here's an example of a magazines using natural lighting.


Health & Wellbeing Magazine - Beach Body Ready Subscriptions | Pocketmags


    In both pictures use can clearly see the use of natural lighting. In the first image, the face of the women is shined on by the natural rays of the sun, making her skin glow as its said in the magazine. On the second image the whole frame is filled with natural lighting. This type of lighting attracts reader's as it gives out a beautiful scenery, concluding that it is probably a sunrise or sundown. 


OutdoorFitness&Adventure (@OutdoorsRadar) / Twitter

         Lighting is an extraordinary key factor in creating successful shots. Natural lighting gives out features that no other type of lighting can give out. I'm going to take advantage of natural lighting so my shots are going to be mostly in the daytime where natural lighting comes in my gym. Natural lighting gives out a more vibrant feeling that I personally think will make my magazine more aesthetically pleasing.

https://markbrion.com/the-importance-of-light-in-photography/


No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR#4

  How did you integrate technologies- software, hardware and online- in this project?    I've used so many softwares in this project and...